Massage chairs need to be cleaned just like any other piece of furniture in your home. In fact, regular cleaning and maintenance can help keep your massage chair functioning properly and looking good for years to come.
In this post, we’ll show you how to clean a massage chair using simple steps and products that you likely have in your home.
What you’ll need:
You will need the following items to clean your massage chair:
- A vacuum with a soft brush attachment
- A mild soap or upholstery cleaner
- Lint-free cloth or sponge
Step By Step Process to Clean Massage Chair:
Cleaning your massage chair on a regular basis will help prolong its life and keep it looking and functioning its best. Here is a step-by-step guide for cleaning your massage char.
Step 1: Unplug your massage chair
Before starting the cleaning process unplug your chair from the power source.
Step 2: Remove any removable parts
Remove any removable parts, such as the headrest, armrests, pillows, blankets, or other materials from the chair.
Step 3: Vacuum your massage chair
Use a vacuum with a soft brush attachment to remove any loose dirt and debris from the surface of the chair. Be sure to pay special attention to places where hair and dirt accumulate, such as the creases of the seat and backrest.
Step 4: Prepare a cleaning mixture
Next, use a mild soap and warm water or mix 1 cup of warm water and 1 tablespoon of dish soap in a bowl.
Step 5: Wipe down
Dip a clean, soft cloth into the solution and wring it out so it’s not dripping wet. Wipe down the massage chair with the damp cloth, taking care to get into all the nooks and crannies.
Step 6: Clean moisture
Remove any remaining soap residue and dirt by wiping the chair down with a clean, damp cloth.
Step 7: Let it dry
Once the chair is clean, allow it to air dry completely before plugging it back in and using it again.
Step 8: Clean the cushions
If your massage chair has removable cushions, they can be machine-washed in cold water on the delicate cycle. Let them air dry completely before putting them back on the chair.
Step 9: Put the parts back together
Once everything is clean and dry, put all the removable parts back on the chair.
Step 10: Power your massage chair
After you have put all the parts back, plugged in your massage chair, and turned it on, enjoy a clean and relaxing massage.
Cleaning your massage chair regularly will not only help it look its best but also keep it functioning properly. By following the simple steps above, you can keep your chair looking and feeling like new for years to come.
Tips for Cleaning Massage Chair:
- Always start by vacuuming your massage chair to remove any loose dirt, dust, or hair.
- If you have a leather massage chair, be sure to use a mild soap or upholstery cleaner that is specifically designed for leather.
- Always test any cleaning solution in an inconspicuous area of the chair before using it on the entire piece.
- When cleaning the chair, be sure to avoid using any harsh chemicals or cleaners. These can damage the chair and void any warranties that may be in place.
- If your massage chair has removable parts, such as a pillow or headrest, be sure to clean these separately. Most can be cleaned in the same manner as the chair itself.
Tips to Keep Your Chair in Good Condition:
Here are some tips to keep your massage chair in the best condition:
- Use a soft, lint-free cloth to dust the chair on a weekly basis.
- Vacuum the chair regularly using the soft brush attachment regularly.
- Spot clean any spills or stains immediately.
- Avoid putting anything sharp or hot on the chair, as this can damage the upholstery.
- Use a leather conditioner on any leather parts of the chair, if applicable.
- Do not allow children or pets to use the massage chair, as they can cause damage.
- Follow the manufacturer’s instructions for cleaning and maintenance.
By following these simple tips, you can keep your massage chair looking and functioning at its best for many years to come.
Cleaning your massage chair regularly is important to maintain its appearance and keep it functioning properly. By following the simple steps outlined in this post, you can easily clean your massage chair at home using items that you likely already have in your home.
How long do massage chairs last?
With proper care and cleaning, a massage chair can last for many years. However, the lifespan of a massage chair will vary depending on the quality of the product and how often it is used.
Can I use a steam cleaner on my massage chair?
You should avoid using a steam cleaner on your massage chair as this can damage the material and void any warranties that may be in place. If you need to deep clean your chair, it’s best to contact the manufacturer for specific instructions.
What is the best way to clean a leather massage chair?
The best way to clean a leather massage chair is to use a mild soap or upholstery cleaner that is specifically designed for leather. Always test any cleaning solution in an inconspicuous area of the chair before using it on the entire piece.
How often should I clean my massage chair?
It’s important to clean your massage chair regularly. Depending on how often you use it, a good rule of thumb is to clean the chair every 1-2 weeks.