How to Disassemble Massage Chair?
The prospect of disassembling a massage chair might seem daunting, but it can be relatively straightforward if tackled methodically. Whether you’re moving house and need to take the chair apart for transport or carrying out a repair job, breaking down a massage chair into its component parts is achievable with some careful preparation and the right tools.
Before you begin disassembling the massage chair, inspect it for any removable components that can simply be unscrewed. Many chairs have accessories such as armrests or covers that can often be removed easily. Set aside these parts to one side so you can focus on taking apart the main structure of the chair.
To take apart a massage chair, you’ll need to locate the screws and bolts holding the chair together. Depending on the make and model, there might be several of these around the base or armrests.
Start by removing any visible screws, then look for concealed ones under fabric covers or panels that can be pulled away using a flathead screwdriver.
Once all of the screws and bolts have been removed, try to separate the chair into its component parts. These usually include a backrest, armrests, leg rest, and seat cushion. Begin with the backrest since this is often heavy and will require two people for safe removal. Next, remove the arms if they can be detached from the main base of the chair.
Finally, gently ease the seat cushion and leg rest away from the main body of the chair.
When you have broken down the massage chair into its individual parts, consider carefully how to transport them safely if you’re on the move. If possible, wrap each piece securely in bubble wrap or thick blankets to protect it from damage during transit.
After you have completed the disassembly process, it is important to make a note of how the massage chair was assembled so that you can put it back together again. Take pictures of any wiring or components as a reference so that you can refer to them when reassembling.
If possible, store all screws and bolts in separate containers or plastic bags to prevent them from becoming mixed up.
How to Reassemble the Massage Chair
- Start by reconnecting the wires to the control panel. Make sure that all of the connections are secure before moving on to the next step.
- Next, reconnect the wires to the backrest. Again, make sure that all of the connections are secure before moving on to the next step.
- Now, reconnect the wires to the massage rollers. Once all of the connections are secure, you can now screw the massage rollers back into place.
- The next step is to reconnect the leg pads to the bottom of the chair. Once all of the connections are secure, you can now screw the leg pads back into place.
- Finally, reconnect the power source to the chair and then test it out to make sure that everything is working properly.
Disassemble the Massage Chair for Moving or Storing
- Unplug the massage chair from the power outlet.
- Remove the backrest by unlatching it from the main body of the chair. On some models, there may be a release lever on the side of the chair; on others, you may need to remove a few screws that hold the backrest in place.
- Remove the seat cushion from the chair. On most models, this will simply involve unlatching it and pulling it away from the main body of the chair.
- Remove the armrests, if present, by unscrewing the bolts or screws that hold them in place.
- Unscrew the base of the chair from the main body. This may involve removing a few screws or bolts.
- Remove the massage heads, if present, by unscrewing them from the main body of the chair. Some models may have these heads removable without any tools; others may require a Phillips head screwdriver.
- Fold up the main body of the chair and secure it with the straps or bolts that came with the chair. This will make it easier to transport and will prevent the chair from opening up and becoming damaged.
- Place the chair in a storage bag or box if you will be storing it for an extended period of time. This will protect it from dust and dirt.
- When you are ready to reassemble the chair, simply follow the steps above in reverse order.
Tips for Disassembling the Massage Chair
- Be sure to unplug the massage chair from the power outlet before beginning to disassemble it.
- Be sure to follow the manufacturer’s instructions for disassembling the chair. If you are unsure of how to do this, ask a friend or family member for help.
- When disassembling the chair, be sure to keep all of the screws and bolts in a safe place so that you can easily find them when you are ready to reassemble the chair.
By following these steps, you should be able to safely and efficiently disassemble a massage chair. With careful preparation and the right tools, this process can be relatively straightforward—just remember to make notes and photographs as you work so that you can put it back together again with ease.