If you’ve ever had to move a massage chair, you know how difficult it can be. Not only are they large and bulky, but they’re also extremely heavy. Also, regular cleaning and maintenance are essential for ensuring that your chair functions properly and lasts for a long time.
In this blog post, we’ll show you how to disassemble a massage chair so that it’s easy to transport and clean. We’ll also show you how to reassemble it once you’re done cleaning it.
What you need to do before you start disassembling the chair
1. Make sure that the chair is unplugged from any power source.
2. Remove any pillows, cushions, or covers from the chair. These can be laundered separately.
3. If possible, lay the massage chair on its back so that you can easily access all of the parts that need to be disassembled.
4. Have a screwdriver handy so that you can remove any screws that are holding the chair together.
5. Have a few towels or blankets handy to protect your floors from scratches as you disassemble the chair.
6. Finally, make sure that you have plenty of time to devote to this project. It’s not a quick job, and you don’t want to rush it.
Disassemble the Massage Chair for Cleanin
1. Start by removing the leg pads from the bottom of the chair. These are usually held in place by screws or snaps. Once the leg pads are removed, you’ll be able to see the massage rollers.
2. Next, remove the massage rollers. There are usually two ways to do this. The first is to unscrew them from the bottom of the chair. The second is to simply pull them out of their sockets. If they’re stuck, you may need to use a screwdriver to pry them out.
3. Once the massage rollers are removed, you’ll be able to see the wires that connect them to the chair. Cut these wires with a pair of wire cutters and then remove the massage rollers from the chair.
4. The next step is to remove the control panel from the chair. This is usually held in place by screws or snaps. Once the control panel is removed, you’ll be able to access the wires that connect it to the chair. Disconnect the wires and then remove the control panel from the chair.
5. The last step is to remove the backrest from the chair. This is usually held in place by screws or snaps. Once the backrest is removed, you’ll be able to access the wires that connect it to the chair. Cut these wires with a pair of wire cutters and then remove the backrest from the chair.
Your massage chair is now disassembled and ready to be cleaned!
How to Reassemble the Massage Chair
- Start by reconnecting the wires to the control panel. Make sure that all of the connections are secure before moving on to the next step.
- Next, reconnect the wires to the backrest. Again, make sure that all of the connections are secure before moving on to the next step.
- Now, reconnect the wires to the massage rollers. Once all of the connections are secure, you can now screw the massage rollers back into place.
- The next step is to reconnect the leg pads to the bottom of the chair. Once all of the connections are secure, you can now screw the leg pads back into place.
- Finally, reconnect the power source to the chair and then test it out to make sure that everything is working properly.
Disassemble the Massage Chair for Moving or Storing
- Unplug the massage chair from the power outlet.
- Remove the backrest by unlatching it from the main body of the chair. On some models, there may be a release lever on the side of the chair; on others, you may need to remove a few screws that hold the backrest in place.
- Remove the seat cushion from the chair. On most models, this will simply involve unlatching it and pulling it away from the main body of the chair.
- Remove the armrests, if present, by unscrewing the bolts or screws that hold them in place.
- Unscrew the base of the chair from the main body. This may involve removing a few screws or bolts.
- Remove the massage heads, if present, by unscrewing them from the main body of the chair. Some models may have these heads removable without any tools; others may require a Phillips head screwdriver.
- Fold up the main body of the chair and secure it with the straps or bolts that came with the chair. This will make it easier to transport and will prevent the chair from opening up and becoming damaged.
- Place the chair in a storage bag or box if you will be storing it for an extended period of time. This will protect it from dust and dirt.
- When you are ready to reassemble the chair, simply follow the steps above in reverse order.
Tips for Disassembling the Massage Chair
- Be sure to unplug the massage chair from the power outlet before beginning to disassemble it.
- Be sure to follow the manufacturer’s instructions for disassembling the chair. If you are unsure of how to do this, ask a friend or family member for help.
- When disassembling the chair, be sure to keep all of the screws and bolts in a safe place so that you can easily find them when you are ready to reassemble the chair.
Conclusion | How to Disassemble Massage Chair
Disassemble a massage chair may seem like a daunting task, but with a little patience, the right tools, and the guide mentioned above, it can be done relatively easily. Just be sure to take your time and be careful not to damage any of the parts.
With a little practice, you should be able to take apart and reassemble your massage chair with ease.